I have a bad habit of not eating all the veggies in the crisper before they go bad. When I’m on the road, I try to remember to give them away before I leave so I don’t come to spoilage. This time, I decided to try and freeze them.
I wasn’t sure what exactly to do, so I decided to wing it.
- Step One: wash the veggies.
- Step Two: chop the veggies.
- Step Three: blanch the veggies in boiling salted water.
- Step Four: dunk them in an ice bath.
- Step Five: drain and pat the veggies dry.
- Step Six: put them in a freezer container (glass or plastic bowl, or plastic bag).
- Step Seven: put them in the freezer.
We’ll see how they turn out when I defrost them next week to make soup.